Hugo, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

When was the last time we saw a child actor playing a role in a big movie? I could only name Macaulay Culkin, then Dakota Fanning, then Abigal Breslin and Sofie Vassilieva from "My Sister's Keeper" who made me cried a river, then who else?
Well, I'm about to name two of the highlights at the end and in the beginning of 2012. 

1. Hugo 
I first saw the trailer last September and I just couldn't wait to watch the movie. Everytime I wanted to download new movies from the internet, Hugo was always the first one that I typed. It turned out that after months of waiting, Hugo is now my new favorite movie. I just love it, especially Asa Butterfield. When I watched him in Nanny McPhee's sequel, I couldn't stop thinking about his voice and eyes. He made me a fan of him ever since then. Now, he continues to constantly amaze me. (I don't have to be his parent to be proud of him!) I was sort of upset while watching the movie just because I didn't watch it in 3D lol. In addition to that, I have no idea who Martin Scorsese is although I've heard that name before, but this movie made me really think that he is a real deal among movie-makers. This movie deserves awards equivalent to oscar for aspiring young actors and actresses.   

Isabelle: We could get into trouble! | Hugo Cabret: That's how you know it's an adventure. 
Hugo Cabret: Right after my father died, I would come up here a lot. I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured, if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason too.
Georges Méliès: If you ever wonder where your dreams come from, look around: this is where they're made.
Hugo Cabret: It's like a puzzle. When you put it together, something's going to happen. 
Hugo Cabret: If you lose your purpose, it's like you're broken.
Georges Méliès: Happy endings only happen in the movies. | Hugo Cabret: The story's not over yet.


2. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
I first saw the book when I was on the airport in Singapore, waiting to board. I was so glad that I found that book because when the first time I saw the trailer of the movie, I couldn't help myself from being curious to the story (similar to what happened when I saw trailer of Hugo). Then I bought and then I started to read that book as soon as I was on the plane. I couldn't stop reading it although being so high in the air sometimes made me feel sick. Guess what, I regret nothing. 
But I could only read half of the whole book because school isn't giving me time to read the rest -____- (well, I've regained my mood to read books after all. It's been almost a year since the last time I completed a book, not that book that my teachers asked me to read *sighs*)
But anyway. I downloaded the movie (yes, finally!)
I love Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock. I also love the kid. He was so perfectly fine although his character has Asperger's. (I LOVE THAT KID lol) Based on what I've read on the book, the story has inspired me to be more aware of things around me, then just learn from it and enjoy. It also makes me feel that I need to satisfy my curiosity no matter what because I'm that type of person who keen to search for things that I've been wondering (if circumstances allow me to do so). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment